Copyright Policy Privacy Policy Contact Us Instagram Facebook
Top Rated Posts ....
According to our information, Mohsin Naqvi has taken an important message to Iran - Azaz Syed According to our information, Mohsin Naqvi has taken an important message to Iran - Azaz Syed Anmol Pinky case investigation disclosed new information Anmol Pinky case investigation disclosed new information Exclusive Video: Two jets crashed midair during air show in America Exclusive Video: Two jets crashed midair during air show in America Why Hassan Nisar called Anmol Pinky is a genius? Why Hassan Nisar called Anmol Pinky is a genius? Exclusive footage of drug dealer Pinky being presented in court Exclusive footage of drug dealer Pinky being presented in court Video: Police officer knocks down burning door and rescues mother and two children in Tennessee Video: Police officer knocks down burning door and rescues mother and two children in Tennessee

Iranian girl waves a hijab on top of a car during a protest in Mashad, in northeast Iran

Youtube


Protesters across Iran continued to clash violently with security forces early Friday following the death of a young woman in police custody, as Iranian state TV suggested the death toll from the unrest could be as high as 26, without offering details.

Although the scope of the protests across some dozen Iranian cities and towns remains unclear, the movement represents the widest unrest since 2019, when rights groups said hundreds of people were killed in a violent crackdown. Iran has also disrupted internet access to the outside world, according to internet traffic monitor Netblocks, tightening restrictions on popular platforms used to organize rallies like Instagram and WhatsApp.

An anchor on state TV said late Thursday that 26 protesters and policemen had been killed since the protests erupted last Saturday after the funeral of the 22-year-old Mahsa Amini, without elaborating on how authorities reached that figure. He said official statistics would be released later, but in past times of turmoil the Iranian government has not offered official death tolls.

The unrest has killed at least 11 people according to a tally by The Associated Press, based on statements from state-run and semiofficial media. Most recently, the deputy governor of Qazvin, Abolhasan Kabiri, said that a citizen and paramilitary officer had been killed in unrest that rocked two cities in the northwestern province.



Comments...